Friday – For The Children
1. Almighty God and Father of all, we thank You for the blessing of children. For children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is Your reward.
2. We thank You for Your goodness for You have not left us without hope in this world.
3. Like Hannah we bring these children back to You, that they may dwell in Your house forever and we dedicate them to Your service in whatever calling You choose for them.
4. Jesus, when mothers brought their little ones to You, You took them in Your arms, placed Your hands on them and blessed them. You commanded us to lead them to You and not to hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to those who would become like little children. Let our lives be such that our children will seek Your ways.
5. Father, we remember Your words that “unless the Lord builds the house the builders labour in vain; and unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.” Father have mercy on us, build our homes for us and watch over our families, for we ask this in Jesus’ name.
6. Father we pray that all our children will be taught by the Lord and great will be our children’s peace. As You have promised contend with those who contend with us and save our children.
7. Father have mercy on us for we live in perilous times and we raise our children in cultures that disregard Your commandments and dishonour Your name. Yet our greatest wish is that our children will serve You all the days of their lives. Though we are weak and fail in so many ways, we remember Your promises and hold on to Your word even as the foundations are being shaken.
8. Father we pray that the word You have placed in our mouths will not depart from our mouths or from the mouths of our children or from the mouths of their children for all generations to come.
9. Merciful God, protect our children from all the attacks of the enemy who would snatch them away into his darkness. Shield them by the power of Your holy name and build a hedge of protection around their lives. Keep them also from hard testing.
10. In these hard times, we set our hope on Your word of promise, that our days will be like the days of a tree that we will long eat the fruit of our labour and we will not bear children doomed to destruction.
11. Therefore in the name of Jesus and by the power of His precious blood we declare that every plan and purpose of the enemy for the lives of our children will be brought to naught. No weapon fashioned against them shall prosper and all those who rise up against them shall fall. The devil will not lead them astray or pluck them from Your hand. When the power of darkness comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will raise up a banner, the blood of the lamb.
12. We also pray that the hold of every ancestral curse or binding, the power of any wicked thing, unclean habit or disease over the lives of our children will be broken in the name of Jesus. We declare that our children will walk in the freedom of Jesus Christ and in His excellence and victory.
13. Father of mercy, grant our children hearts of wisdom and understanding, that they may know You better. Grant them the grace to seek You with all their hearts and acknowledge You in all their ways knowing that You will make their paths straight. Let love and faithfulness never leave them. May they honour You with the first fruits of all their wealth and use their talents and abilities for Your glory.
14. Jesus, You came to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and to turn the hearts of children to their fathers. So we pray that the love of God and the unity of the Holy Spirit will remain in our homes as we walk in obedience to Your commandments. Remove rebellion from the hearts of our children and give them meek and obedient spirits to honour their parents, so that it may go well with them and they may live long in the land You have given us.
15. Father, grant our children the grace to flee the temptations of the youth and to be wise in this evil age. Empower them to resist the devil and submit to You. Protect them from disobedience to parents, sexual immorality, love of money, greed, love of pleasure, and addictions to harmful substances, mind-binding music, sensual dancing or evil entertainment shows.
Protect them from evil influences at home and in school and from ungodliness in the media. Keep them also from wicked companions and everything evil in Your sight.
16. Father, we thank You for Christian parents who try to bring their children up in the love and fear of the Lord. Help them to set righteous examples before their children, teaching them Your laws, decrees and commandments. Empower them to speak about these things when they rise and when they lie down, when they sit or walk on the road. Bless their efforts with success and may their children grow wise and bring gladness to their hearts.
17. Faithful God, enable Christian parents to be alert to the tactics of the devil so that they may protect their children from all harm. Grant them the grace, perseverance and self control to guide their children without exasperating them or causing them to rebel.
18. Father, we commit our children into Your care and pray that they will grow in wisdom and stature, in favour with God and man. Enable them to overcome all evil by the blood of the Lamb, by the word of their testimony and because they will not love their lives unto death.
19. Father, You have promised that the children of the righteous will be mighty in the land. So help us live such lives, that our children will share in Your blessing. May our children be strong to contend with the enemy at the gate. May they offer You an excellent service in their time. Let the church grow in righteousness and power in their generation, able to overcome the gates of hell.
20. Father, our greatest desire is that our children will walk in Your righteousness and they will make disciples of all nations. May them remain vigilant and work to prepare for Your return. Let none be ashamed on the day of Your coming. For we ask these things in Jesus’ name.