Sunday – Day of Thanksgiving
1. We thank You Father, Lord of heaven and earth, King of the universe for all Your kindness and mercy toward us.
2. We thank You for the gift of Your Holy Son Jesus Christ, for His atoning sacrificial death on the cross and His resurrection.
3. We thank You that through Him You have shown Your very nature of love to us, stretching forth Your arms to receive us into Your family. Christ our Saviour has set us free from the power, the guilt and the punishment of sin.
4. “Behold what manner of love the Father has shown us that we should be called the sons of God.” May Your name always be honoured and held holy among us.
5. We thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit who comforts us, strengthens us, convicts of our sinfulness, restores us with gentleness and constantly reminds us of the cross and Your everlasting love for us. We thank You that through the Holy Spirit we will be led into all truth and emboldened to speak Your word with power.
6. We thank You for Your name which protects us Your people, for Jesus prayed, “Protect them O Father by the power of Your name.”
7. We thank You for the cross of Your Son Jesus Christ, and for His blood which cries out on our behalf louder than the blood of Abel. How quickly You will respond to the cry of the blood and come to vindicate Your people from the oppression of the enemy.
8. “I am persuaded to believe that He is able to keep all that I have committed to Him against that day.” We thank You for Your promises which are sure and trustworthy, our anchor against the storms of life.
9. We thank You that You are our refuge, our strong tower, our hiding place, our fortress and our sure defence in this evil age in which we live. We will rest under Your wings and abide under the shadow of the Almighty God, knowing that we and our families are safe.
10. We thank You again for the blood of the new covenant that covers us, seals us, and rescues us from all the schemes of the evil one.
11. We thank You for Your armour O God, the breastplate of righteousness, the helmet of salvation, the sword of the Spirit, the belt of truth, the shield of faith and the shoes of the gospel of truth, provided for us to withstand all the attacks of the enemy. Grant that we may always be clothed in readiness to repel the devil.
12. We thank You for our future inheritance is guaranteed for us by the seal of the Holy Spirit. We look forward to Your Son’s return in great glory and triumph, when with a breath He will destroy the evil one, and take us to reign with Him forever as His holy bride. Keep us spotless and pure for that day.
13. We bless You Father, Son and Holy Spirit, We pray for the grace to abide in You today and for the remainder of our lives.
14. Read a psalm of thanksgiving.