7 powerful things you can do when someone slanders you
It is very painful!
You may feel a tide of emotions come over you – anger, indignation, a desire to see vindication, pain, sadness, discouragement, and hatred.
These emotions are normal.
I have shared a few things below that I hope you find helpful. I practised this God-given (Bible-based) strategy when I went through a similar problem and found it helpful*.
1. Cast your emotions on to Jesus.
These emotions can become so powerful that they can crush you. They can cause you to become depressed, anxious, bitter, and angry.
None of this will do you any good!
So throw (fling/cast) them on to Jesus who is the Rock that cannot be crushed!
2. As much as you don’t want to (I know!!), pray FOR (not against) your enemies.
There is no greater expression of God in you; than the ability to love your enemies, and forgive them from your heart. There is no greater sign of Christian maturity than love!
Pray for them to be saved, as you were.
Pray for them to be convicted of their wrongdoing and have an opportunity to repent.
Pray for their heart to change from lying to being truthful and transparent.
Pray that they will be blessed in all their (righteous) endeavours.
Don’t curse them or make threats against them!
God can change anyone, so he will surely touch them as you begin to pray for them.
3. Read out loud Psalms 35 and 43 as a prayer to God.
God knows your pain! He understands you better than you understand yourself!
4. Be careful not to slander your enemy – don’t let Satan make you his employee – his wages (salary) are death!
If we fight our cause by slandering people, we fight without God on our side!
If we submit to God’s will (to forgive, to bless and pray FOR our enemies), God will fight for us.
God has an excellent track record of vindicating his servants!
God is the best employment lawyer – and his services are free!
5. Pray that this time of suffering in your life will not be a waste.
That God would work great changes in your heart that will transform you into his image – and fill you with a hope that cannot be disappointed (“Jesus”).
6. Thank God because he loves you with an everlasting love.
God will always love you; and contrary to any emotion, he has good plans for you. Only believe!
7. Repeat this process everyday like a tablet you swallow, until you think you are completely healed of any poisonous emotion from Satan’s arrow (slander); and you no longer experience any pain at all from this incident.
Emotional Healing and Restoration come more quickly if we choose to obey God (LOVE)!
This method worked the last time I used it. It brought me to a place of incredible, unforgettable intimacy with God. *I am going through the same problem again, so please pray for me.
“But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings” (Malachi 4:2)
Scripture references: Psalm 55:22, Matthew 5:44; Psalm 43; Psalm 35; Jeremiah 29:11; 1 Kings 17:14; Proverbs 10:22, 28, 30; Romans 5:3-5; Isaiah 54:17, 1 Peter 2:23
Leave a Reply
– Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *